Happy Whey Wednesday. Here’s to hoping you’ve been smashing your PRs and eating clean but tasty. Last blog post we went over how much protein to take on rest days, this time around we’re gonna satisfy that sweet tooth of yours – with a recipe I can’t seem to stop making.
Before we get started, if you haven’t already, go ahead and challenge yourself with the SUPP UP. 5-Day Military SSE Workout Challenge. Also, I’ve finally gotten with the times and started podcasting – if you prefer listening or are vision impaired, you can start getting new content over on my Podcast channel and listen on 6 different platforms and counting – check that out here.
Last but most importantly, we’ve got new mugs over at the shop! The first ones we rolled out have been doing good so we’ve made more designs available for you guys to snap up, enjoy.
Let’s get started.
Picture this: Cookies & Cream. Protein bars. Cookie dough. All rolled into one.
That’s exactly what this recipe is. It tastes like you’re bulking but has the cleanest macros I’ve seen with some nice juicy healthy fats and beefy protein numbers.
If Protein Bars and Cookie Dough Had a Baby… Recipe
Makes: 8 small people servings or as I like to call it – 1 serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 5 minutes.
Total Time: 15 minutes.
- A medium mixing bowl
- A silicon spoon
- A small saucepan
- Hands. Hands are important
For the cookie dough balls:
- 1 cookies & cream protein bar, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup of Cake Batter flavor Coconut Butter (I’ll show you how to make it below)
- 30 grams Vanilla Milkshake flavor protein powder
- 8 fl. oz. (225-250 mL) water
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- Optional: Oreo cookie crumbles
For the cake batter flavor coconut butter:
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
Make the coconut butter first. So…
- Mix the macadamia nuts in a high-powered blender or food processor for a few minutes until it gets buttery.
- Toss in the other ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add some oil or water to get the consistency you like if it’s too thick for you.
- Stick it in the fridge to keep it solid once you’re done using it in the recipe.
Now for the cookie dough balls…
- Toss your coconut butter and protein bar in a small saucepan and mix them up on low heat until the bar is almost completely melted and the two ingredients have combined and thickened.
- Take it off the heat and transfer the mix into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in your coconut flour and protein powder.
- Add your water, bit by bit 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is where you can roll it into small cookie dough balls.
- Roll them into your Oreo cookie crumbles, press them down slightly (but not flat) and you’re done, son.
Try not to eat the whole batch (unless you’ve got some serious numbers to hit like I do). These are great for when you’re still feeling hungry after your post-workout meal but don’t want to trash your eating pattern.
I think this is also proof you don’t have to give up your favorite foods – everything in moderation.
Here’s the macros for the cookie dough balls:
Total: 48 g Protein, 48 g Carbs (of which 32 g is Fiber), 56 g Fat
Per serving: 6 g Protein, 6 g Carbs (of which 4 g is Fiber), 7 g Fat
This recipe is loaded with healthy fats and more importantly, protein that has a high bio-availability. If you’re wondering why this is beneficial and you haven’t bought either SUPP UP. No Bull, Whole Food Military Nutrition On The Go or SUPP UP. No Bull, Whole Food Military Nutrition At Home, now’s the time to grab your copies over at the SUPP UP. store. With the At Home Guide, you can get the zero-learning curve SUPP UP. No Bull Meal Planner for 50% off when you buy them as a bundle.
That’s all, folks.
If you liked this post, share it and subscribe.
If you really like this post and want more in-depth information like this, but don’t have the SUPP UP. guides yet, buy SUPP UP. On The Go or SUPP UP. At Home and the SUPP UP. No Bull Meal Planner E-BOOKS now – they cost less than the shirt on your back but unlike that shirt, the knowledge gained lasts a lifetime.
If you’ve already bought the guides (hey, thanks), and like the free knowledge gained on the SUPP UP. blog – then go ahead and check out the other gear in my shop.
Pick up some whey protein for your next workout, new threads for that sleeve-splitting arms day, or something else that’ll help you remember that when it comes to fueling and training your body, once you learn how to, where you are matters less.
You’ve already bought all the gear and guides? Well damn – thanks. Not looking for anything in particular in return? Then go ahead and donate whatever you like.
One more thing – if you go ahead and get the guides, you’ll discover what’s unique to each book recipes are available under the “Snacks” chapters (preview of chapters available in shop), and how to eliminate worries or concerns about getting the nutrition you need to stay fighting fit for when you’re deployed or at home.
Both books have recipes that provide nutritional breakdown so it makes things nice and easy.
Drop by next week for yet another great post to add to your workout and nutrition arsenal.
Stop doing guesswork, start making the necessities of your life easier.
SUPP UP. – Get your copies now.
If You Know How To Fuel and Train Your Body, Where You Are Matters Less.™
– SUPP UP.
Clean Snacking: If Protein Bars and Cookies Had a Baby… is a post from and appeared first on SUPP UP.
SUPP UP. TTS – Click below to listen to the audio version of this post now: