Happy Monday. I think you guys are gonna really like this Clean Snacking recipe.
Before we get started though, let’s digress for a minute. I know this whole pandemic thing has been stressful for people, but can we just take a moment to see the silver lining in this and say wow – it’s really allowed people to get things done that they normally would put off until “someday” because of all the busy-ness in their lives.
It’s also opened a lot of people’s eyes (and minds) up to different ways of thinking – and thinking in general. There’s only so much TV a person can watch before they start getting what I call a “creative itch” – venturing into skills or talents they’ve always wanted to develop but “never had the time” – no excuse, so might as well get started right?
When it comes to health and fitness, now more than ever people need to focus on improving their health and the way they think about it (and they have been) when it comes to self-care.
Lockdowns and closing of local gyms, spikes in prices of home gym equipment, and bad habits of indulging more in comfort foods (which I’ve been helping people curb with the SUPP UP. No Bull Meal Planner – you can get it for $5 when you buy the SUPP UP. No Bull, Whole Food Military Nutrition At Home nutrition guide) can be a real pain – but ultimately it boils down to what you do about it.
This is where self-reliance comes in. This is exactly what the SUPP UP. nutrition and fitness guides are about – no matter the circumstance, if you learn and know how to train and fuel your body – where you are – and what’s happening – matters less. My readers and followers who have stuck with me since the inception of SUPP UP. know – and more importantly – have applied this.
If you haven’t already, go ahead and pick up your own copies of the SUPP UP. guides – either as a multi-bundle, or individually.
Now let’s get started with what we’re all here for – crazy tasty, high protein Cinnamon Rolls.
Clean Snacking: High Protein Cinnamon Rolls
If you’re a lover of Cinnabon, you’re gonna fucking love these high protein cinnamon rolls. Macros are after the recipe.
SUPP UP. HIGH PROTEIN CINNAMON ROLLS
Makes: 2 servings of delicious muscle-building goodness.
Prep Time: 3 minutes.
Cook time: 7 minutes.
Total Time: 10 minutes.
- A small mixing bowl
- A whisk
- An even smaller sauce bowl
- A fork
- A non-stick pan.
- A knife
- A spoon
- Hands with a firm, but supple, loving touch.
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 2 large egg whites
- 56 grams of oat flour (you can just take oats and grind them in your blender)
- 2 Tbsp (measuring) cinnamon (set aside some extra cinnamon for dusting later)
- 1 small chunk of butter (for greasing the pan)
- Milk or water to smooth out the consistency
For the icing:
- 50 grams whey protein – vanilla or cinnamon roll flavor (I think the cinnamon flavor is better)
- 3 Tbsp (measuring) of milk
- 2 Tbsp (measuring) of agave
Make the icing first. So…
- First things first – pre-heat your non-stick pan for the cinnamon rolls.
- Now mix your protein powder, agave, and almond milk (slowly add the almond milk LAST, and gradually – this’ll help make things thicken). It’ll clump initially but keep mixing and it’ll come together. The consistency should be thick, just like what you get in stores.
Make the cinnamon rolls second. So…
- Preheat your non-stick pan.
- Whisk your egg whites, oat flour, and cinnamon together until smooth. You want this to be runny like a crepe batter – oats are really inflexible, and if it’s made too thick it’ll only break apart instead of roll – so keep adding milk until you get a crepe style mix. If you don’t want to use milk for macro purposes, use water.
- Grease your pan with the butter.
- Pour all the batter in your pan evenly – you’re gonna be cutting it into a square later so make it one big sheet (like a thin crepe, kind of).
- Let it cook on both sides then take it off and let it cool just enough where you can handle it, cutting the edges to make a nice neat square.
Now bring it all together. So…
- Spread half your icing on the cutout, dust with a generous amount of cinnamon, and roll inward.
- Cut it into even cinnamon rolls.
- Pour the rest of the icing on the rolls.
- You’re done, son. Serve it up.
Couple things to mention…
I think the best things about these cinnamon rolls is the low-medium GL – if you’ve read either SUPP UP. No Bull, Whole Food Military Nutrition On The Go or SUPP UP. No Bull, Whole Food Military Nutrition At Home, you’ll know that this means you won’t get a “sugar high,” ensuring the carbs are released into your system at a good rate. They’re really good for avoiding going overboard on the real things like Cinnabons, and you can whip ’em up easy in the morning.
Then there’s the obvious point – they’re high in protein and you get some much-needed vitamin D considering how long this whole pandemic thing has been going on. Last and most importantly, you’re getting a good antioxidant hit with the cinnamon.
Here’s a rough estimate of macros for the whole batch:
- 46~ g Protein
- 82~ g Carbs
- 12~ g Fiber
- 8~ g Fat
Per cinnamon roll:
- 23~ g Protein
- 41~ g Carbs
- 6~ g Fiber
- 8~ g Fat
This is a great recipe that’ll allow you to take full muscle-building advantage of the nutrients in the ingredients listed first thing in the morning.
If you liked this post, share it and subscribe.
If you really like this post and want more in-depth information like this, but don’t have the SUPP UP. guides yet, buy SUPP UP. On The Go or SUPP UP. At Home and the SUPP UP. No Bull Meal Planner E-BOOKS now – they cost less than the shirt on your back but unlike that shirt, the knowledge gained lasts a lifetime.
If you’ve already bought the guides (hey, thanks), and like the free knowledge gained on the SUPP UP. blog – then go ahead and check out the other gear in my shop.
Pick up some whey protein for your next workout, new threads for that sleeve splitting arms day, or something else that’ll help you remember that when it comes to fueling and training your body, once you learn how to, where you are matters less.
It’s a good way to keep the blog running healthy and strong. Every item, the material, colors, style, ingredients, and quality, were all hand picked by me.
You’ve already bought all the gear and guides? Well damn – thanks. Not looking for anything in particular in return? Then go ahead and donate whatever you like.
One more thing – if you go ahead and get the guides, you’ll discover what’s unique to each book recipes are available under the “Snacks” chapters (preview of chapters available in shop), and how to eliminate worries or concerns about getting the nutrition you need to stay fighting fit for when you’re deployed or at home.
Both books have recipes that provide nutritional breakdown so it makes things nice and easy.
Drop by next week for yet another great post to add to your workout and nutrition arsenal.
Stop doing guesswork, start making the necessities of your life easier.
SUPP UP. – Get your copies now.
If You Know How To Fuel and Train Your Body, Where You Are Matters Less.™
– SUPP UP.
Clean Snacking: High Protein Cinnamon Rolls is a post from and appeared first on SUPP UP.
SUPP UP. TTS – Click below to listen to the audio version of this post now:
Feature Image & Photo 1: Mark Olsen
Photo 2: Fallon Michael
Photo 3: Lauren Gray